Terms & Conditions
• Uniform must be worn in class (please ask Miss Laura if you require a copy of the uniform list or see lb-da.co.uk)
• Dance shoes must not be worn outside. Please ensure you change into appropriate dance shoes once inside the hall.
• NB No jewellery is to be worn in class.
• Hair must be tied back.
• Food and drink is not permitted in the studio except for bottled water.
• Chewing gum is not allowed in the premises.
• The studios are provided with sufficient heat, light, and ventilation for working dancers.
• No nuts at all should be brought into class.
• LBDA reserves the right to change the timetable at any given time.
• We do not accept responsibility for children outside of class times.
• Parents must make sure they are on time to collect their children from classes.
• Children who make their own way home must have written consent from their parent or guardian.
• Please notify a member of staff should your child need to leave their class earlier.
• Parents are not permitted in class at any time unless it is for a performance/presentation or show.
• LBDA accepts no responsibility for any personal belongings that are stolen, damaged or go missing.
• A responsible approach and good behaviour is expected from all pupils.
• Respect for staff and other pupils’ is essential at all times.
• If behaviour is unacceptable the principal reserves the right to dismiss a student should it become necessary.
• Please keep noise to a minimum when arriving and leaving the hall.
• Mobile phones are not permitted in class unless there is an emergency.
• LBDA does not tolerate bullying, harassment or bad language.
• Students must show the utmost respect towards teachers at all times.
• When wearing the LBDA uniform in public, students must behave appropriately.
• We cannot help children who are not toilet trained.
All personal information given to the school is confidential and will not be passed on to other parties without parental consent. Please also see our GDPR Policy for further information.
• Fees are due at the beginning of term within 1 week of receiving the invoice. LBDA reserves the right to refuse entry to children who’s fees have not been paid.
• No refund is given due to absenteeism, including Private lessons.
• A sliding scale discount scheme is available to those pupils attending 2 or more classes per week.
• A term’s notice is required for cancellation of your child’s place in class. Should your child no longer wish to attend half way through a term, no refunds will be given.
• LBDA does not accept responsibility for classes being cancelled outside of their control i.e Weather, Flooding, Pandemics, criminal activity etc.
• It is the school’s practice to provide a safe and secure environment for all pupils.
• Any teaching staff must be DBS checked and would have undergone an interview process.
• Under certain circumstances a small degree of physical contact may be necessary to aid teaching.
• Please inform the teacher if any medication is bought into class. The teacher will require written consent to administer medication to any pupils under 16 years.
• Parents/guardians are responsible for their child before and after class.
• LBDA reserves the right to change the teaching staff at any time. We pride ourselves on having the best teachers.
• All teachers have undergone first aid and safeguarding training.
• LBDA asks for consent for your child’s photograph or video footage to be used for promotional purposes, this may include programmes, brochures, Social Media, leaflets and the website.
All of the above will be sent for you to consent to via a separate form.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any given time.