Terms & Conditions
- Uniform must be worn in class (please ask Miss Laura if you require a copy of the uniform list or see lb-da.co.uk)
- Dance shoes must not be worn outside. Please ensure you change into appropriate dance shoes once inside the hall.
- NB No jewellery is to be worn in class.
- Hair must be tied back.
- Food and drink is not permitted in the studio except for bottled water.
- Chewing gum is not allowed in the premises.
- The studios are provided with sufficient heat, light, and ventilation for working dancers.
- No nuts at all should be brought into class.
- LBDA reserves the right to change the timetable at any given time.
- We do not accept responsibility for children outside of class times.
- Parents must make sure they are on time to collect their children from classes.
- Children who make their own way home must have written consent from their parent or guardian.
- Please notify a member of staff should your child need to leave their class earlier.
- Parents are not permitted in class at any time unless it is for a performance/presentation or show.
- LBDA accepts no responsibility for any personal belongings that are stolen, damaged or go missing.
- A responsible approach and good behaviour is expected from all pupils.
- Respect for staff and other pupils’ is essential at all times.
- If behaviour is unacceptable the principal reserves the right to dismiss a student should it become necessary.
- Please keep noise to a minimum when arriving and leaving the venues.
- Mobile phones are not permitted in class unless there is an emergency.
- LBDA does not tolerate bullying, harassment, or bad language.
- Students must always show the utmost respect towards teachers.
- When wearing the LBDA uniform in public, students must behave appropriately.
- We cannot help children who are not toilet trained.
- All personal information given to the school is confidential and will not be passed on to other parties without parental consent. Please also see our GDPR Policy for further information.
- Fees are due at the beginning of term within 1 week of receiving the invoice. LBDA reserves the right to refuse entry to children whose fees have not been paid.
- Late payment will incur a surcharge.
- All payments are to be made via Bank Transfer as per the invoice.
- No refund is given due to absenteeism, including Private lessons.
- A sliding scale discount scheme is available to those pupils attending 2 or more classes per week.
- A half term’s notice is required for cancellation of your child’s place in class. Should your child no longer wish to attend half way through a term, no refunds will be given.
- LBDA does not accept responsibility for classes being cancelled outside of their control i.e Weather, Flooding, Pandemics, criminal activity etc.
- Where possible, classes will be made up or credits can be given.
- Fees are reviewed annually.
- It is the school’s practice to provide a safe and secure environment for all pupils.
- Any teaching staff must be DBS checked and would have undergone an interview process.
- Under certain circumstances a small degree of physical contact may be necessary to aid teaching.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their child before and after class.
- LBDA reserves the right to change the teaching staff at any time. We pride ourselves on having the best teachers.
- All teachers have undergone first aid and safeguarding training.
- LBDA asks for consent for your child’s photograph or video footage to be used for promotional purposes, this may include programmes, brochures, Social Media, leaflets and the website.
- The Car Park at S Peter’s Hall is not for parents use. Please park respectfully on the road and be mindful of residents driveways.
- The car park at Langley Tennis Club is shared with the club members. Please be mindful and respectful to the members there.
- Please inform the teacher if any medication is bought into class. The teacher will require written consent to administer medication to any pupils under 16 years.
- Please notify the Principal of any learning difficulties/medical issues.
- Any injuries should be discussed with the child’s teacher.
- Please follow the government Covid 19 protocols if a child tests positive for Covid.
Examinations & Performances
- LBDA offers examinations in ISTD and LAMDA. Entry is at the discretion of the class teacher and the Principal. Parents/Carers will be informed when the required level is achieved.
- Examinations and performances are not compulsory but are encouraged.
LBDA reserves the right to alter the Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Your payment to LBDA is a contractual acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. All up to date information can be found on our website.