Covid Policy – Updates 01/09/2020
Based on the government’s advice and guidelines, the academy have made some changes so we can all continue to operate and ensure everyone feels safe at studios, including:
• Reduced studio capacity to increase space between pupils based on World Health Organisation guidelines and adhere to social distancing
• Increased sanitising of surfaces in communal areas such as floors, door handles, toilet, sink areas.
• Sanitising of all studio floors regularly and providing hand santitiser for students to use before and after use of studios.
• Increased awareness of ventilation – windows open at all times
• One way system at the Park Langley Tennis Club – please follow their signs and procedures. St Peters Hall – children will exit through the side gate and enter through the main entrance.
• Use hand sanitiser upon arrival, and regularly throughout your time with us. Ideally bring your own to reduce contact with our dispensers, but we do have them located at each venue
• Everyone must wear face masks when entering the building, and when in common areas at all times. Don’t touch your face or mask while wearing it. Change your mask if it gets damp or you’ve touched it.
• Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before starting class and when class has finished.
• After drying your hands throw the towel in the clearly designated bin.
• NO FOOD AND DRINK IN STUDIOS – only bottled water, which is not to be shared.
• To maintain social distancing, please adhere to the floor markings in the studio and other parts of the building. If there’s a flow of people coming down the stairs, • please use the waiting area in reception (Park Langley Tennis Club)
• Arrive at your allocated time and not before. Early arrivals will be required to wait outside.
Covid 19 Guidelines
• Staff, visitors and pupils who are unwell with following symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19) should not attend the studios. Please note that we have the right to refuse entry to anyone using the studios if you have Covid19 symptoms, and no refunds will be eligible. If you have any of the following symptoms DO NOT enter the building.
• A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
• A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
• A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
• To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital if you have any of these symptoms. Stay at home and self isolate for 14 days.
• If you have symptoms and have a booking with us, please contact the academy as soon as possible.
• If you have recently travelled or come back abroad, please self isolate for 14 days before attending the studios.
• For any questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07949824881
• Fees are due at the beginning of term (7th September 2020)
• We will endeavour to run classes in-person however the safety of our students and staff is our top priority and we will always follow government guidance. If the guidance changes and does not allow an in-person classes, then will deliver the class online via zoom and refunds will not be issued. Classes will be run at the same time ‘in person’ classes would have run.
• Students must remain in their class for the entirety of the term. Failure to follow social distancing and hygiene rules will result in students being excluded from the class with no refund.
• We will also require you to maintain social distance at drop off/pick up and follow signage.
• No person or child is to come to site if experiencing symptoms of coronavirus/has been asked to self-isolate/ tested positive. You will be asked to fill in a health questionnaire on behalf of your household. All students are subject to a temperature check. Should a student present with a fever they must be collected immediately.
• You must agree to collect a student should their bubble need to close at short notice.
If a student or member of their household tests positive for COVID-19 while the course is running, you will need to notify us immediately and that student will no longer be able to attend on-site.
In the event of a student experiencing COVID-19 symptoms part-way through the term, their class and any other classes that the infected person attends will immediately be removed from class and teaching for those classes will be transferred online.
In the event of a student testing positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of taking part in our classes, you must notify Miss Laura Bruce immediately and include our organisation within your track and trace submission.
THIS IS UNCHARTED TERRITORY…
We are all learning as we go. Our pledge is to work with you to talk through all the issues and concerns to provide a safe working environment for all our people. We are continuously reviewing our procedures and will do everything we can to accommodate and meet your own requirements.
Official UK Government advice
Visit the following links for official UK government advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19).Coronavirus (COVID-19): UK government response:
Stay at home: guidance for people with confirmed or possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection:
Overview – -Coronavirus (COVID-19):